Thursday, November 11, 2010

"If I Can Make A Change To This World That I'm Livin' In, I Would Be Some President For Some Country By Now!"

My job as a lecturer for my kids is about to end in 2 weeks, or perhaps 3 weeks time...

I should sigh in relieve~

Am I not?

Not exactly true...

Actually I'm kinda worried on behalf of my kids. (Sorry, I still refer my students as kids though our age gaps are just mere 2 / 3 years apart from each other XD)

I can't help but fear that my kids will flung in their finals.

Not that I didn't do a good job teaching and guiding them. My conscious are in fact very clear.

The core of all the fear that I am experiencing now originates from this particularly silly decision of mine to teach newly offered courses sans course notes, sans textbooks, sans guidelines.

Think of me a fool, a simple-minded, single-cell creature. (Yes, I do felt that every single second ever since I agreed upon such deceiving offer.)

Despite the lousy feeling as if I'm a tiny yacht sailing, no, even worse, drifting with absolutely no direction in the vast ocean; I've given my all for the sake of my kids. From notes to tutorial activities, assignments to quiz questions; all of those were drafted from scratch.

Not that I am taking pride on those things. No! In reality, it was a very risky move that I've taken to secure the on-going of every lesson that was bestowed upon me.

Authorities pointed their accusing fingers to me. Placing all the sins of their lack of efficiency on my frail shoulders. I would love to have created a Tamil scene with those people. If I want to. If I was able to...

But come to think again, who am I to complain? Life was never fair, is never fair and will never be fair. It will stay as a fact for a long long time and I've learned this lesson from the very early stages of my life. We'll just have to learn how to give and take, or so they say. But what if I have given so much yet received nothing in return? Damn the birocracy and red tape!

Or perhaps I should have defy gravity and make a change to this 'not so conducive' environment. Yet, again, who will listen?

"If I can make a change to this world that I'm livin' in, I would be some president for some country by now!"

But am I someone that people will take me seriously? I doubt it :(

Or so they say, 'You're just a kid. Do what you're suppose to do- SHUT UP!'

No comments: