Friday, July 24, 2009

16th July 2009 Normal tutorial session (eee…cerita gatal!)

I love reading stories. Anything from Lord of the Rings to picture books which gain popularity in the recent years, you name it! I love spending the lazy Sunday afternoons snuggling comfortably in the sofa which a book under my nose. However, of all kinds of genre available, I have this one thing for those luscious and slightly ‘kepochi’-type of texts; chick-lit they call it! Ohhh, how I love the juicy gossips, bitchy cat fights and cute guys swooning me away with their romantic ways! We had a ‘Malaysianised’ chick-lit- “Sara and the Wedding” as our reading material for today’s tutorial session. I guess many from my class enjoyed the text as much as I do as I heard cheeky giggles here and there and saw some innocent individuals blushing like teenagers! ‘Corporate lady desperate to prove herself desirable by screaming rape after enjoying hot, steaming sex with her cousin’, wow, that could make a big-scoop headline if this story happens in reality! “Sara and the Wedding” is indeed a light-hearted story with a great load of values to learn from! (However, I strongly suggest that this text should only be introduced to students who are cognitively and spiritually matured! Do look out for horny individuals like us!) Anyhow, after reading this story I finally start to realize why my mum pesters me to get into a relationship and preferably walk the aisle as soon as possible each time I go back to my hometown! (She can’t wait to marry me off, I guess!) We were given the task after reading the story which is to come out with a stand for “Sara and the Wedding”, and though the task looked like a piece of cake but trust me, it was so hard to put our ideas into words to form a strong thesis statement. This thesis-statement-formation task does give us clear picture on the difference between a good thesis statement and some really bad ones! Thank goodness for the well-picked reading material for today’s tutorials that made the whole session so enjoyable! (Wicked smirk)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Accepted.

Marriage really elevates a woman's status. How to change society's perception?

Dz