Friday, September 11, 2009

17th August 2009 Thesis statement, stand, stance… What the heck?

It is good that Miss Dzeelfa gave us have some practices on writing good stands before we hand in our position papers. I really appreciate it because I realized that I did not have a good stand for my position paper after all despite the fact that I have already completed my position paper. (Imagine I’ve written a four page long position paper without a good start!) In fact, I still can’t differentiate between a thesis statement, a stand and also a stance (a term used in debate tournaments). I mean aren’t they the same? However, today’s tutorial session gave me a clear view on how a stand differs from a thesis statement and that I should use a stand for my position paper instead of a thesis statement. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience to write on a master piece by my favorite poet- John Keats, but to tell you the truth; I had a really hard time try to figure out a stand for my position paper and I really hope that this one will really work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

accepted.

understanding keats poem itself is already something!

dz